From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to invoke non-selected versions of 'java'?
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 22:29:13
1 On Fri, 4 Feb 2022 at 22:49, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I've got two "slots" of java currently installed (8 and 11). I see how
4 > one uses "eselect java" to contol which one is invoked by /usr/bin/java.
5 >
6 > How does one manually invoke non-selected version(s) of java?
7 >
8 > For other slotted things like gcc and python, you can use pythonX.Y or
9 > gcc-X.Y.Z to invoke the non-selected version.
10 >
11 > What's the equivalent for java?
12
13 I don't think there is any convenient out of the box link like for
14 python or gcc, but you could make equivalent links if you want.
15 Otherwise you should use the paths in your commands. On this box I
16 have:
17
18 /usr/lib64/openjdk-8/bin/java
19 /usr/lib64/openjdk-11/bin/java