From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-User ML <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox networking
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:26:45
1 Am Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:05:49 -0300
2 schrieb Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Quoting Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>:
5 >
6 > > except for the fact that VirtualBox seems to not run the script, even
7 > > with the full path. I can run the script manually, creating vbox1 and
8 > > then start the VM and everything works, but with:
9 > >
10 > > Attached to: vbox1
11 >
12 > That's your problem. You should leave that blank.
13
14 OK, I feel so stupid right now.
15
16 First off, you're absolutely right. I verified that in the VirtualBox
17 manual, to be sure.
18
19 The problem was, I had commented out the redirects to /dev/null when
20 the script first failed for diagnostic purposes, which showed me
21 that /var/run/VirtualBox/ didn't exist. I just forgot to uncomment them
22 afterwards. *ARGH*
23
24 So now it works as intended, tested with WinXP and Ubuntu running in
25 parallel (now that shows me why I should upgrade from 2 to 4GB RAM).
26
27 > > Setup application: /usr/local/bin/addif.sh vbox1 up
28 > > terminate application: /usr/local/bin/addif.sh vbox1 down
29 >
30 > Regards,
31 > Norberto
32
33 Thanks,
34 --
35 Marc Joliet
36 --
37 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who
38 know we don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup