From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] upgrade of xfce4 degrades terminal
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:16:58
1 Hi group,
2
3 Before I did -uvDN world a couple of days ago the terminal that came
4 with xfce4 was quite nice, configurable, with tabs. Now the terminal
5 app really sucks. I've looked in ~/.config/xfce4 for something to
6 tweak but must have missed it.
7
8 Settings->Preferred Applications->Utilities leads to a dialogue window
9 where a Terminal Emulator may be chosen, but the only one that works
10 is the default X Terminal. If you click on Select Application you are
11 led to /usr/bin. I tried xfterm4 but when I clicked on terminal in the
12 menu nothing happened.
13
14 I see under ~/.local/share/xfce4/helpers there is an xterm config file
15 with the line:
16
17 X-XFCE-Commands=/usr/bin/xterm.
18
19 Is there something else I can point it too or do I need to emerge
20 something else to improve the terminal in Xfce-4.6.1?
21
22 Maxim