From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] use flags, mplayer, lame
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:35:33
1 On 3/22/06, Pierrick Couturier <arofarn@××××.fr> wrote:
2 ..
3 > You have xmms in your USE flags (default gentoo USE flags, I
4 > assume). So when you'va tried to install mplayer, portage
5 > wants to install xmms too because mplayer can use xmms or
6 > parts of it (I don't how) if you want.
7
8 Yes, xmms is in my default gentoo USE flags. I was interpreting that
9 to mean that xmms is installed, but really that means, apparently,
10 that as mplayer can use xmms, there will be a "connection" from
11 mplayer to xmms. Furthermore, if application_x also uses xmms, there
12 will be a connection from application_x to xmms, and, of course, xmms
13 is only installed once. Ok, think I got it :)
16 thanks,
17
18 Thufir
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list