From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udevd-event [2161] find_free_number: %e is deprecated
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 19:36:00
1 On 5/18/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > What file would that be found in? I always see "make sure udev is
3 > starting at boot", but I have no idea what boot script is used to start
4 > udev, as there is nothing in /etc/init.d/ that contains "udev" or "dev"
5 > of any kind...
6
7 /lib/rcscripts/addons/udev-start.sh.
8
9 It is started automatically by /sbin/rc if the right conditions are
10 met. The 'right conditions' are a combination of RC_DEVICES in
11 /etc/conf.d/rc, the boot parameters (or lack of them) given on the
12 kernel command line, the presence of /sbin/udev, and a 2.6 kernel.
13
14 -Richard
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list