From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] accented characters in KDE apps
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 08:34:58
1 In Gvim I can enter 'e-umlaut' via the keystrokes 'control-k e : ', ie ë .
2
3 Kate has a Vi mode, which seems to reproduce Vim fairly well,
4 but there's no sign of 'control-k' or any substitute.
5
6 KDE System Settings has a menu for setting a compose key,
7 but tests with 'left-control' & 'pause' in Konsole & Kate did nothing.
8 I tried in Kate with Luxi Mono & Courier(IBM), Konsole with LM & Fixed(Misc).
9 I don't have the KDE desktop pkgs installed, but use many apps
10 & it shouldn't make a difference.
11
12 Does anyone know if & how accented characters cb entered in KDE apps ?
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca