From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Improving SpamAssassin's accuracy...
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:54:25
1 On 16 Jan 2006, at 08:53, Michael Kjorling wrote:
2
3 > On 2006-01-16 03:00 +0000, stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk wrote:
4 >> Can anyone help explain the "status=bounced (mail for
5 >> mail.validdomain.co.uk loops back to myself" error message, please?
6 >
7 > It actually is pretty self explanationary. It means that a mail was
8 > received (from a host that is allowed to relay, in this case
9 > localhost), destined for a domain for which the mail server is the
10 > primary MX, but Postfix is not set to deliver the mail locally so
11 > would otherwise try to relay it back to itself. This is detected to
12 > prevent relaying loops.
13 >
14 > Check your $mydestination setting.
15
16 This was in fact set correctly - amongst the first things I checked.
17
18 The issue was with "Code Listing 2.5: /etc/postfix/transport" in the
19 Mailfilter Guide, which of course I followed blindly. The guide
20 states at the beginning that "This server is meant to run in front of
21 the mail servers actually keeping the mail accounts" but I wanted to
22 deliver to local maildirs; it seems that code listing 2.5 is the only
23 section that needs to be changed in order to achieve this, hence my
24 overlooking it.
25
26 For local delivery /etc/postfix/transport should read:
27 mydomain.tld local:
28
29 Stroller.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list