From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VB - login from one Windows XP to another XP
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 06:12:41
1 On Monday, October 06, 2014 11:17:49 PM Joseph wrote:
2 > On 10/06/14 21:22, Jc García wrote:
3 > >2014-10-06 19:52 GMT-06:00 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>:
4 > >> I'm running Windows XP in VirtualBox.
5 > >> I can NX to the running VB - Windows XP as (shadow or new) session.
6 > >> But that doesn't help me.
7 > >> Via "Shadow session" I would disturb the current user if I try to start
8 > >> another program.
9 > >> Via "New" session I can not see Windows XP session as it is running.
10 > >>
11 > >> So I think I have to start VB - Windows XP on my box and try to login
13 > >> another (remote) VB - Windows XP Is it possible?.
14 > >>
15 > >> The user is running certain program, that uses database. I'm trying
17 > >> login to the remote Windows XP session and start the same program
18 as an
19 > >> administrator (that uses that same database).
20 > >>
21 > >> How to log-in from one windows XP to another over the network?
22 > >
23 > >You search in google and do a ton of clicks, this is so OT. and there
24 > >are many answers out here, even the unix-style one works.
25 >
26 > Windows XP has a build in Remote Desktop but:
27 > http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Windows-XP%27s-Built-in-Remote-Desktop-Utility
28 >
29 > But I think it only works on the same subnet.
30
31 As stated by others, this is way OT and Google should help here.
32
33 RDC works over different subnets, even (if you're stupid enough to open
34 the ports in the firewall) from a different country over the internet.
35
36 MS Windows XP is NOT a multi-user OS, what you want to do might work,
37 but is extremely flakey.
40 Joost