From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] RAID-0 with LVM - is there any point?
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 20:23:49
1 I have two SATA drives, I have a partition on each combined as RAID-1 on
2 which I use LVM to create my important partitions (/usr, /var, /home
3 etc). I have another pair of partitions combined as RAID-0 on which I
4 have another LVM group containing less important partitions, where speed
5 and space matter more than security. Is there any advantage to using
6 RAID-0 with these partitions? It seemed a good idea when I set it up,
7 because I was using LVM on RAID for the rest, but as LVM stripes data
8 across the drives anyway, am I gaining anything from the RAID-0? Would I
9 be just as well off by adding the two partitions directly to the LVM
10 group?
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away"