From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glsa-check script
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:32:11
1 On Thu, 11 May 2006 16:35:46 -0400, Nick Smith wrote:
2
3 > has anyone written a script that checks for glsa security updates and
4 > then has it auto emerge the packages it needs to get rid of the
5 > security risk? if so i would be very interested in looking at that
6 > script. Keeping 5 gentoo machines up to date security wise is
7 > becoming very time consuming.
8
9 I'm not sure that automatically emerging packages like that is a good
10 idea, especially if config changes are involved. I have a daily cron job
11 that mails the output of glsa-check to me, so I can decide for myself.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Men who have playful kittens shouldn't sleep in the nude.