From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accessing a Samsung phone and it's data.
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 08:10:49
1 m4110c wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 08:36:11AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote (neil@××××××××××.uk):
3 >> On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 22:17:02 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Is there other software that I can't find that allows this to be done?
6 >>> GUI would be nice but I suspect if I can figure out what to use, a
7 >>> regular file manager will be used.
8 >> I've found all of the MTP implementations to be wanting in some way. Then
9 >> I discovered SSHelper, an SSH server for Android. Now I can mount my
10 >> phone's storage with sshfs using a command like
11 >>
12 >> sshfs -p 2222 192.168.1.144:/storage/emulated/0 /mnt/phone
13 >>
14 > If you can get it to start "Developer Mode" (i.e. Settings ->
15 > Information -> Buildnumber <- Tapping it 7 Times repeatedly)
16 >
17 > You can connect to it via ADB. Then you need the package
18 > dev-util/android-tools to establish an ADB connection from Gentoo.
19 >
20 > If that is all set up, you can use this tool:
21 >
22 > https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
23 >
24 > I am really impresesd by this tool and use it all the time.
25 >
26 > Good luck!
29 > m4110c
33 I was reading up on some other stuff, making the SD card available to
34 install apps on, and it seems the sd card can be encrypted the same way
35 the phone is.  Would that affect how this is done or will it not matter
36 as long as the phone is on and the code is entered?
37
38 Neil, is that SSHelper installed on the phone or my puter?  I can't find
39 anything on that Gentoo wise.
40
41 m4110c, where does scrcpy come from?  Is that part of android-tools as
42 well?
43
44 It's weird, this was fairly easy on my old Razr. It was pretty basic and
45 all but it worked.  :/
46
47 Thanks to all.  Lot to learn I see.
48