From: sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tftp config problem (ltsp)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:17:58
1 Looked over the directory structure in the tftp directory compared to
2 what was setup in the ltsp directory.
3 Found some differences.
4
5 Copied over a directory called 2.6.17.80ltsp-1 which contained all the
6 needed files in proper placement to tftp under the same original name.
7 Adjusted some conf files to point where needed and my test laptop
8 started to boot.
9
10 First problem I ran into here was due to the touch mouse hardware.
11 It caused the boot to hang or panic. I deactivated the touch mouse and
12 the boot restarted and progressed further till another problem.
13 During the boot process was getting error notices about not being able
14 to connect to the nfs server.
15
16 Did some research and found this sometimes occurs when the speed of the
17 server nic is so much faster then the client nic. Apparently this showed
18 up with the 2.6 kernel.
19 Anyway, some more tweeks and had a successful boot and was greeted by
20 the KDE login screen.
21
22 Logged in and was greeted by my usual desktop. Setting are still default
23 so will play with them for such things as sound.
24
25 Decided to order a diskless workstation from
26 http://www.disklessworkstation.com/ They appear to be a supporter of the
27 ltsp project.
28 Also ordered an etherboot model, since that is an open standard.
29 Now when that shows up get to beat on it for a while.
30
31 Thanks all for the help,
32 Sean
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list