From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gummiboot -> efibootmgr
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:00:39
1 On August 22, 2016 5:05:10 PM GMT+02:00, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >Hello list,
3 >
4 >Following today's marking of gummiboot as to be deleted in a month, I
5 >had a
6 >look at efibootmgr in the wiki pages. It looks as though I'll be able
7 >to use
8 >it instead, but one thing puzzles me: is it possible to create a set of
9 >
10 >configs for several kernels, the way gummiboot does in
11 >/boot/loader/entries/*.conf? Actually, I'd also like to specify each of
12 >two
13 >kernel versions with three different command lines to start different
14 >run
15 >levels.
16 >
17 >My brain isn't working very well today, so would anyone like to offer
18 >me
19 >some advice? Please? :)
20
21 I really don't understand the urgency in treecleaning gummiboot.
22 Like grub1, it will still work in 10 years time...
25 Joost
26 --
27 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.