From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help, please! I've hosed my gcc.
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:14:32
1 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > My gcc now fails to work.
5 >
6 > I upgraded it earlier on (I think) after doing an emerge --sync. I
7 > can't remember the before/after versions, or even whether I've got both
8 > of them.
9 >
10 > lipgmp has a lot to do with my problem. After my last emerge -uND
11 > world, I think libgmp was upgraded. At any rate the messages on the
12 > screen directed me to
13 >
14 > revdep-rebuild --library /usr/libt64/libgmp.so.3
15 >
16 > , which I did. They then informed me I could safely delete libgmp.so.3,
17 > which I also did. :-(
18 >
19 > Now, when I attempt gcc on the command line, I get the error:
20 >
21 > /usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.5/cc1: error while loading
22 > shared libraries: libgmp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No
23 > such file or directory
24 >
25 > . So, is there an easy way for me to recover a working gcc, or do I
26 > have to do something desperate, like reinstalling Gentoo? :-(
27 >
28 > Help will be most appreciated.
31 Check to make sure a gcc is selected:
32
33 gcc-config -l
34
35 Sometimes if a old version is removed the link is sort of left dangling
36 in the wind.
37
38 Dale
39
43 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!