From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local dictionary in KDE?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:01:38
1 On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:34:22PM +0530, abhay wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 15 Nov 2005 4:35 am, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > You could install your own dictd server, it's in portage, and access it
4 > > with kdict.
5 > Yeah that is an option but isn't there any single app that can handle. I am a
6 > bit weary of configuring a dictd server.
7 >
8 > If it is the only alternative then I will surely start to look for some
9 > how-to's but I really wish there was some simple alternative.
10
11 An option to skip installing dictd is to install the commandline
12 version of StarDict, http://sdcv.sourceforge.net/ Last I checked it is
13 not in portage. It doesn't really work like Kdict, but suits my needs
14 well enough.
15
16 W
17 --
18 I am a nobody
19 Nobody is perfect
20 Therefore, I am perfect.
21 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 3 days, 15:12
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list