From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I can't understand an emerge error. Help, please!
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:13:03
1 On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi, gentoo.
3 >
4 > When I try to run an emerge world, I get this error:
5 >
6 > # emerge --update --deep -p world
7 >
8 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
9 >
10 > Calculating dependencies... done!
11 >
12 > emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy "dev-libs/libgcrypt[static-libs]".
13 > !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
14 > - dev-libs/libgcrypt-1.4.6 (Change USE: +static-libs)
15
16 One of the packages in your world requires dev-libs/libgcrypt which
17 was built with the "static-libs" USE flag. So, the line above is
18 telling you to add "static-libs" to your USE flag for that package.
19
20 > (dependency required by "sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.3-r3[-dynamic]" [ebuild])
21 > (dependency required by "sys-apps/hal-0.5.14-r4[crypt]" [ebuild])
22 > (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
23 > (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
24
25 These are the items that require libgcrypt with static-libs USE flag
26 set. Sometimes changing USE flags on thse packages will change the
27 dependency requirements. Sometimes it's just something new that the
28 maintainer added since a previous version.
29
30 > What is this saying?  That I need to locate a use flag "static-libs" and
31 > change it for package libgcrypt?  Presumably it is libgcrypt which is
32 > dissatisfied.  I'm having difficulty parsing the mssage.
33 >
34 > Next question: what should I do about it?
35
36 If you don't already have one, you can set package-specific USE flags
37 in /etc/portage/package.use and in this case you'd add a line:
38 dev-libs/libgcrypt static-libs
39
40 > Thanks for the help!
41