From: Devraj Mukherjee <lugs@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage mirroring questions
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:02:58
1 Hello Gentoo users,
2
3 I have had this problem for a while and never ended up finding an answer
4 to it, wondering if anyone has a similar situation and if so what have
5 they done about it to make their lives easier.
6
7 I run a heap of web servers and some of them are mirrors of others
8 (backup strategy). So lets take two machines for example, call one
9 Master and the other Slave.
10
11 As and when my clients require new features/packages I merge them on the
12 Master server, now more often than not I foget to do this on the Slave.
13 Come one day if I had to use the Slave server things would not be the same.
14
15 Can I automate the process of emerging the packaging that I merge on the
16 Master for the Slave.
17
18 Thank you for your time
19