From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: linux-headers
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 03:44:11
1 Michael P. Soulier wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm currently running kernel 2.6.25 and I have no issues with it so I don't
5 > really want to upgrade it just yet. I just picked up
6 > sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.27-r2, so I thought I'd mask out anything above
7 > 2.6.25 for now to keep the headers in sync with the kernel that I'm running.
8
9 You don't need to have them in sync. The safest is to have a version
10 that is either equal or lower to your kernel. So for you, 2.6.23-r3 is
11 perfectly fine. An exception is if you're using a recent glibc (2.9);
12 you'll need to build it against more recent headers.