To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking sites for some users
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 15:58:04
1 On 01/24/2016 07:51 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > What do people use these days to filter out websites?
5 I guess what you want to implement is a proxy server.
6 > I would prefer to have a white-list and block everything else. With the option
7 > to bypass this filter for certain authenticated users.
8 I think a proxy Server is able to achieve this.
9 > Reason: I don't want my daughter to see unsuitable websites when she starts
10 > looking for cat pictures and instead of wasting time identifying every single
11 > p*rn site in the world, I would prefer to simply white-list sites she wants to
12 > go to after checking them.
13 Well I'm not sure if you can achieve this sort of censorship with a
14 proxy server, but might be possible.
15 Nevertheless white-listing will be hard work. I don't know if privoxy[1]
16 is able to white-list, but I would give it a try and find out. This post
17 [2] looks promising if you can blacklist everything in the first run
18 (but don't know how) and then white list just the domains you want.
19 > Thanks,
20 >
21 > Joost
22 Best regards,