From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another old server: what about udev and CONFIG_DEVTMPFS ?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:17:21
1 Am 2015-04-20 um 15:28 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 >> ~ 90 min drive one way ;-)
6 > I've had a few of those myself :-)
7 >
8 > I always figured if I was in for a 4 hour minimum trip anyway, I really
9 > owe it to the customer to spend an extra 30 minutes to be 100% sure
10 > everything was done correctly.
11
12 The "customer" in case tells me that he has no money and that I
13 shouldn't invest too much "time"
14
15 The initial trigger for all the current "investigation" is a dropped hdd
16 from the raid arrays ....
17
18 The guy opted out of being a real customer in late 2010 or so .. and now
19 mdadm emails me.
20
21 Don't ask how the backup reports look.
22
23 S