From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Need help with bootsplash not showing [solved]
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:51:09
1 Okay, I figured out why this wasn't working basicially. For whatever reason
2 my menu.1st file was no longer a symlink to grub.conf. therefore no matter
3 what changes I was making to grub.conf were not being read (duh). It was
4 just coincidence that all my kernels were working since they all pointed to
5 system.map and vmlinuz and other generic ones.
6
7 Also, another thing to note in case this helps someone is that I had to
8 remove the tty:12 part from the kernel line otherwise, there was no progress
9 bar on booting (only). It worked fine when shutting down for some strange
10 reason.
11
12 Oh yeah, one more thing, HOLY SHIT livecd-2006.1 is cool as hell! I freakin'
13 love the little icons and the right side progress bar and all that eye
14 candy!
15
16 DÆVID
17
18 > -----Original Message-----
19 > From: richard.j.fish@×××××.com
20 > [mailto:richard.j.fish@×××××.com] On Behalf Of Richard Fish
21 > Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:23 AM
22 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
23 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with bootsplash not showing
24 >