From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] time for an emerge -e world?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:35:35
1 On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:29:21 -0500, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2
3 > 3. Other files proved missing as well
4 >
5 > I went to another machine which is multilib and copied the libssl from
6 > the lib32 directory. Then it asked for libcrypto so I copied that
7 > now it asks for libkrb5.so.3. After a few more iterations, I succeeded!
8 >
9 > But clearly something is wrong.
10 >
11 > It is NO problem for me to take this machine out of service for a few
12 > days and run an emerge -e world. Are there risks in this?
13 > Is there a better idea?
14
15 If files are disappearing, I'd say fsck is needed more that emerge.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Never get into fights with ugly people because they have nothing to lose.