From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Facilities for creating Gentoo Linux based virtual appliances
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 04:43:42
1 On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 23:53 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > I did a Google search for "kvm mailing list" and came up with
4 > > http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Lists,_IRC. The first list seems to be
5 > > pretty active from what I saw from the Gmane archives.
6 >
7 > I did that search before asking. The link for the first list's
8 > archives is http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.devel (as in
9 > developers). I glanced through their GMANE archives, and it's full of
10 > developers submitting patches. The second list's link is
11 > http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.kvm.scm and it seems to be
12 > related to patch commits. Neither of the lists are end-user oriented.
13 > The 3rd and 4th lists are specific to Itanium and PPC, respectively.
16 The page I posted says that the lists are for both development and user
17 queries. I for one think it's nice that the developers will take user
18 queries directly (the libvirt mailing list is the same way). Have you
19 actually tried asking your question on the list?
20
21 In addition to the mailing lists, the page lists resources from blogs,
22 wikis, an irc channel, and web forums. Pretty much everything you asked
23 is on that page in addition to the documentation that already exists at
24 linux-kvm.org.
25
26 If the developers are inviting you to ask questions of them directly, I
27 would go that route. I have a feeling they may know a thing or two.