From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: External sound card
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:13:20
1 Am 22.08.2010 13:59, schrieb Florian Philipp:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I'm looking for an external sound card with USB, Firewire or ExpressCard
5 > connector. It must not be professional equipment - just something with a
6 > working SPDIF output (optical preferred). If the card can be hot-plugged
7 > and unplugged without ALSA choking on it - even better.
8 >
9 > Any recommendations?
10 >
11 > Thanks in advance!
12 > Florian Philipp
15 Just as a follow-up:
16 I ordered a Terratec Aureon Dual USB.
17 It works out-of-the-box with the generic USB audio driver snd_usb_audio.
18 SPDIF works without further configuration, too.
19
20 Regards,
21 Florian Philipp