From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] courier imap over nfs
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:18:35
1 On 8/1/2010 8:06 AM, Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > Just wondering if anyone has any experience with courier-imap serving mailboxes over
3 > NFS. From googling around it seems courier should support remote homedirs but I can't
4 > get it working.
5 >
6 > My user authenticates according to the logs, but the client reports invalid
7 > credentials. Remove the NFS home directory and it works again.
8 >
9 > Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'm going to have to install courier-imap on
10 > solaris, and I really don't feel like that :P
13 I'd suspect UID/GID mismatches somewhere. Make sure the machine
14 delivering the email, the home dirs, and the machine running
15 courier-imap all see .maildir as the same user account. You may want to
16 put Courier-imap into verbose or debug mode as well.
17 I'd also look at your NFS config to see if you're doing any squashes
18 into other UIDs. And just for the hell of it, never use mbox over NFS.
19 The locking will kill you on a busy system.
20
21 kashani