From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Solved] syslog-ng segfaults
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:00:02
1 Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > Question: Is this a "physical" host or is it a virtual host running
3 > under qemu?
4 > Reason for my question ist that recently the CPU-Id presented from quemu
5 > in the guest has changed and if you have CFLAGS="-march=native" then
6 > some newly compiles SW could fail. One way to solve this is to change
7 > the CFLAGS to "-mtune=native" and recompile the affected SW (or world).
8
9 Hi Dan!
10
11 Out of the three machines that were experiencing this issue, one was
12 physical and two were virtual. The one I rebooted that solved the
13 problem was virtual. I haven't yet rebooted the other two.
14
15 Thanks for the tip, I believe I am using -march=native, so perhaps I
16 should address that issue as well. Do you know which version of qemu
17 this change was introduced in?
20 R