From: Kris Kerwin <kkerwin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Using a Digital Voice Recorder on Linux
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 03:08:31
1 Hi all,
2
3 I recently purchased an Olympus VN-480PC Digital Voice Recorder to
4 record my college lectures to help with note-taking. It connects to
5 the PC via a USB cord.
6
7 I'm trying to figure out how to mount the DVR on my Gentoo Linux box.
8 I'm using gentoo-sources-2.6.13-r3, and udev-070-r1 as my dev file
9 system.
10
11 Since I suspect that it probably works similarly to the ubiquitous USB
12 flash drives, I tried to configure my kernel to support them. I built
13 in SCSI disk support, SCSI emulation, USB support, and USB storage
14 support. Still, it doesn't work.
15
16 Am I missing any drivers that are needed to support USB flash drives?
17 Where might I find a USB flash drive under /dev? Is there anything
18 extra that might be needed to support a digital voice recorder?
19
20 Please CC my address (kkerwin@×××××××××.com) in your response. Thanks
21 in advance for your help!
22