From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nv vs nvidia (xorg-7*)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:37:08
1 Sorry for revisiting a confusing subject, but after ready many of the recent
2 postings on nvidia and xorg-7* I have a few questions.
3
4 Yes I have read:
5 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml
6 and it looks fine and reasonable, in fact the I'm at the revdep-rebuild
7 on my first of 7 convertions to modular X.(7.*).
8
9 My first card:
10 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400]
11 (rev b2)
12
13 Legacy or current? It's not clear to me which category this or any other
14 nvidia cards fall into. Is there a table I can look up to see which
15 nvidia cards belong to which driver.
16
17 In xorg.conf do I use do 'nv' or 'nvidia' or 'nvidia-legacy'
18 Driver "nv"
19 Driver "nvidia"
20 Driver "nvidia-legacy"
21
22 With my hardware, which current nvidia driver (legacy) would I emerge
23 to match my card?
24
25 On another gentoo workstation It has this card:
26
27 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]
28 (rev a1)
29
30 Which Driver would I choose for this nvidia card?
31
32 James
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list