From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Exim and Spamassassin
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:25:21
1 Hi,
2
3 I have installed exim-4.60-r1 and spamassassin-3.1.0.
4
5 Both are started in daemon mode at boot. I can connect to port
6 783 via telnet: Spamassassin is listening.
7
8 In the exim.conf file I found this line
9
10 # For spam scanning, there is a similar option that defines the interface to
11 # SpamAssassin. You do not need to set this if you are using the default, which
12 # is shown in this commented example. As for virus scanning, you must also
13 # modify the acl_check_data access control list to enable spam scanning.
14
15 # spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783
16
17 I understand this passage as Exim will interface to Spamassassin
18 automagically if port 783 is opened by it and I have nothing
19 additionally to do. Nevertheless I uncommented the last line.
20
21 But I get no mails scanned....
22
23 Something went wrong and I cannot figure out, what it is...
24
25 Any help is very appreciated !!! :O)
26
27 Kind regards,