From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My Continuing ALSA Woes
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:08:54
1 On Thursday 20 October 2005 16:25, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > Then why does Linux not continue to boot when I specify a kernel in
3 > grub.conf without an initrd?
4
5 The default genkernel kernel config is designed to use the initrd/initramfs it
6 configures.
7 You could be brave, and use the --bootloader=grub option to genkernel too.
8 Backup and remove your current grub.conf first, and make absolutely sure
9 there is only one line in your fstab that contains the phrase
10 "[:space:]/[:space:]", it's a bug I've notice that I should submit to
11 bugzilla. If it works, you'll automatically have a properly configured
12 grub.conf, that can also be automatically updated by genkernel for any new
13 kernels!
16 Mike Williams
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list