From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wget won't concatenate(?)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:14:25
1 On 3/13/06, maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Then, because I needed to use the phone, after
3 > downloading 150Megs or so, I ctrl-C'd outta there
4 > thinking I could pick up where I left off. Wrong!
5 >
6 > wget wants to start from the beginning. I gave it the
7 > -nc option and it reports 'already there, not
8 > retrieving'.
9 >
10 > What did I do wrong? I've done this before with other
11 > files and this never happened. Maybe I used a
12 > different tool, can't remember.
13
14 >From "man wget":
15 ---------------------------------------
16 -nc
17 --no-clobber
18
19 (snip)
20
21 When running Wget without -N, -nc, or -r, downloading the same file in
22 the same directory will result in the original copy of file being
23 preserved and the second copy being named file.1. If that file is
24 downloaded yet again, the third copy will be named file.2, and so on.
25
26 When -nc is specified, this behavior is suppressed, and Wget will
27 refuse to download newer copies of file. Therefore, ``"no-clobber"''
28 is actually a misnomer in this mode---it's not clobbering that's
29 prevented (as the numeric suffixes were already preventing
30 clobbering), but rather the multiple version saving that's prevented.
31
32 -c
33 --continue
34 Continue getting a partially-downloaded file. This is useful when you
35 want to finish up a download started by a previous instance of Wget,
36 or by another program. For instance:
37
38 wget -c ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/ls-lR.Z
39
40 If there is a file named ls-lR.Z in the current directory, Wget will
41 assume that it is the first portion of the remote file, and will ask
42 the server to continue the retrieval from an offset equal to the
43 length of the local file.
45
46 Simply try:
47 wget -c "ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/x86/2006.0/livecd/livecd-i686-installer-2006.0.iso"
48
49 And be happy...
52 Daniel da Veiga
53 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil