From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] how to delete a directory tree really fast
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 19:29:07
1 On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 3:21 PM Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be> wrote:
2 >
3 > Is it possible to have a hard link from one subvolume to a different
4 > one?
5
6 You could do a quick test, but I don't think so. I haven't used btrfs
7 in years but they're basically separate filesystems as far as most
8 commands are concerned. I don't think you can create reflinks between
9 subvolumes either.
10
11 The files are already reflinked by design though. You'd just make a
12 new snapshot and then rsync over it. Anything that doesn't change
13 will already share space on disk by virtue of the snapshot. Anything
14 that does change will only be modified on the snapshot you target with
15 rsync. I'm not sure why you'd want to use a hardlink - it doesn't
16 provide the isolation you already get from the snapshot.
20 Rich