From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CFLAGS changes
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:16:59
1 Hello
2
3 On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 01:53:56PM +0000, James wrote:
4 > Current CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
7 > I want to add "-fomit-frame-pointer" to my
8 > CFLAGS on an existing system that has been running
9 > for months.
10
11 Vim syntax highlighting does not show it in red, so I guess it means it
12 is considered generally safe.
13
14 I seldom recompile the whole system (actually, I did it once only, for
15 split-debug & install-sources make effect) and never get much problems.
16 Usually revdep-rebuild solves them all.
17
18 However, the new flag will be used only in newly compiled packages, so
19 you might have a reason for the rebuild.
20
21 At the last note, I noticed a use flag for glibc about omit frame
22 pointer, so you might want to turn that on.
26 It can contain harmful instructions if read backwards.
27 Internal checker ID: lacol.cr/cte/ << tlah ohce
28
29 Michal 'vorner' Vaner
30 --
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list