From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ...I not allowed to make pdfs from images??????
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 22:02:54
1 Am Samstag, 8. Dezember 2018, 14:36:04 CET schrieb Franz Fellner:
2 > Check your /etc/ImageMagick-7/policy.xml
3 > But be aware of the riscs, see the comment in the very same policy.xml file
4 >
5 > Am Sa., 8. Dez. 2018 um 15:22 Uhr schrieb <tuxic@××××××.de>:
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > from some images I want to create a pdf.
9 > > I found this commandline to do so (imagemagick):
10 > > convert 1.png 2.ong 3.png result.pdf
11 > >
12 > > If I do so I got this message:
13 > > convert: attempt to perform an operation not allowed by the security
14 > > policy `PDF' @ error/constitute.c/IsCoderAuthorized/408.
15 > >
16 > > What the heck...
17 > >
18 > > How can I allow myself to work on my compyter ? ;)
19 > >
20 > > Cheers!
21 > > Meino
22
23 FTR, this is mentioned in the emerge output when installing imagemagick. From
24 the 7.0.8.14 ebuild:
25
26 elog "For security reasons, a policy.xml file was installed in
27 /etc/
28 ImageMagick-7"
29 elog "which will prevent the usage of the following coders by
30 default:"
31 elog ""
32 elog " - PS"
33 elog " - PS2"
34 elog " - PS3"
35 elog " - EPS"
36 elog " - PDF"
37 elog " - XPS"
38
39 Did it not show for you?
42 Marc Joliet
43 --
44 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
45 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup