From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] C compiler cannot create executables
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 05:42:43
1 Search forums: many posts exist.
2
3 Try using gcc-config and fix_libtool.sh as a starter.
4
5 BillK
6
7 On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 22:49 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
8 > I think I've somehow managed to screw gcc up. Whenever I try to emerge
9 > anything I get this message:
10 >
11 > checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
12 > cannot create executables
13 >
14 > It also says "See config.log for details", but I can't find config.log -
15 > it doesn't give a full path. Is there a way to repair this without
16 > having to completely reinstall Gentoo?
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list