From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where has my sound gone?
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 22:44:02
1 On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 11:17:17AM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote
2
3 > But I have no sound! KDE tells me the hardware doesn't work, and alsaconf
4 > says it can't detect any PCI hardware. Lspci -k shows snd-hda-intel module
5 > loaded though, so I can't see what's missing.
6 >
7 > Any clues, anyone?
8
9 When I go into "make menuconfig"
10
11 Device Drivers --->
12 <*> Sound card support --->
13 <*> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture --->
14 [*] PCI sound devices --->
15 <*> Intel HD Audio --->
16
17 I get a list of sub modules. Here's what I've selected...
18
19 --- Intel HD Audio
20 [*] Build hwdep interface for HD-audio driver
21 [ ] Allow dynamic codec reconfiguration (EXPERIMENTAL)
22 [ ] Support digital beep via input layer
23 [ ] Support jack plugging notification via input layer
24 [ ] Support initialization patch loading for HD-audio
25 [*] Build Realtek HD-audio codec support
26 [*] Build Analog Device HD-audio codec support
27 [ ] Build IDT/Sigmatel HD-audio codec support
28 [*] Build VIA HD-audio codec support
29 [ ] Build HDMI/DisplayPort HD-audio codec support
30 [ ] Build Cirrus Logic codec support
31 [ ] Build Conexant HD-audio codec support
32 [ ] Build Creative CA0110-IBG codec support
33 [ ] Build C-Media HD-audio codec support
34 [ ] Build Silicon Labs 3054 HD-modem codec support
35 [*] Enable generic HD-audio codec parser
36 [ ] Aggressive power-saving on HD-audio
37
38 Your selections will depend on your card. Can you post the output for
39 your sound card from "lspci -v"? If you have an HDMI output, you may
40 see 2 audio stanzas in "lspci -v". List them both just to be sure.
43 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>