From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smaller xfce
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:05:28
1 * Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > You can do this yourself, if you want to: simply copy the xfce
6 > meta-ebuild to your own overlay (man portage if you aren't sure how this
7 > works), and remove or comment out the packages you don't want.
8
9 Yes, of course, but then I have to maintain this alone. Would make
10 more sense if some more people would join me.
11
12 > I do this myself to get a GNOME without evolution, epiphany, and such
13 > (gnome-light doesn't like me :(). Next time the ebuild in the tree is
14 > updated, though, you'll have to repeat the whole process again before
15 > updating, or risk returning to the full package.
16
17 Well, let's put our efforts together, maybe let's call it the
18 "small installation overlay".
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
26 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
27 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
28 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
29 http://patches.metux.de/
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list