From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Blocking sites for some users
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 06:19:39
1 On Monday, January 25, 2016 02:55:44 AM James wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld <joost <at> antarean.org> writes:
3 > > What do people use these days to filter out websites?
4 >
5 > Dansguardian might do the trick. I do think there are holes
6 > in it, so it might not work for tech savvy folks? You might have
7 > to revert to an older version, or read up on the bugs related to
8 > the latest issues.
9
10 Dansguardian was originally my first choice, but it's being tree-cleaned and I
11 prefer not to have to maintain it myself.
12
13 Squidguard looks like a good alternative.
14
15 And no, it's not to keep tech savvy people from bypassing it, she is currently
16 4.
17 I'm also not going to hide the fact I'm filtering out unsuitable/not nice stuff
18 from her. Am planning on removing that when she is old enough to filter it out
19 herself.
22 Joost