From: Dan Sheffner <dsheffner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ways to update portage
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:28:58
1 emerge-webrsync should work fine over port 80. Can't you configure the
2 firewall to accept this port. You could also write a script that opens the
3 port calls emerge-webrsync and then locks it back down if you don't want
4 that port open. Another safe way to do it is to run it through a proxy
5 server. I'm not sure if this is the best way but certainly should work.
6