From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem which makes gnome unusable
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 19:46:07
1 Hi. I am having a very bad problem which makes gnome unusable -- once I
2 get into the virtual console where the xserver is displaying gnome,
3 console 12 in my case, I can never get out of that console --
4 control-alt-f1 or anything does not work. If I try to ssh in from
5 somewhere else, I cannot stop gdm because the x server will not stop --
6 even kill -9 will not stop it and I have to reboot the system.
9 I am using an nvidia card with the closed source module, if that makes
10 any difference. I re-emerged the keyboard and evdev driver, but that
11 made no difference.
12
13 Any suggestions would be appreciated.
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici