From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new machine : DVD drive
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:14:42
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> hm, I also had much besser results with + media. +rw and +r.
5 >> I always get the + stuff too. No problems so far. < knock on wood >
6 > If it's turning into a survey, these are what I use:
7 >
8 > Sony/NEC Optiarc drive with bitsetting firmware
9 >
10 > Taiyo-Yuden single-layer DVD-R
11 > Memorex dual-layer DVD+R
12 > Taiyo-Yuden CD-R
13 > Mitsui gold CD-R (in years past)
14 >
15 > I have never used a blu-ray disc or drive though the prices are coming
16 > down, still read many reviews of bad burns/incompatible discs and
17 > drives, etc. that scare me away from it for now.
18 >
19 > :)
23 I use Phillips and Memorex media. I think both of those came from Big
24 Lots. I paid $5.00 for 20 of them. I bought a couple packs. I have
25 used, and reused, them several times with no problems. I use a LG
26 burner. This is from hdparm:
27
28 Model=HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
29
30 I have some older imation CD media to. Those I have used for years.
31 Those are CD-RW. Basically, I have use both kinds with no problems. I
32 credit the really well made burner myself but . . . . it could be just
33 blind luck since I just buy whatever is on sale.
34
35 Dale
36
40 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!