From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo print server
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:04:19
1 > > I'm trying to set up one of my systems as a print server and I'm stuck
2 > > at the point where I should configure the system's printer. It's a
3 > > headless system so I need to configure the printer through my
4 > > workstation. I'm using this:
5 > >
6 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml
7 > >
8 > > and I've followed the steps to allow remote administration, but I'm
9 > > not sure how to actually do that. Should typing this into the browser
10 > > work:
11 > >
12 > > 192.168.0.1:631
13 > >
14 > > I just get the standard:
15 > >
16 > > "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.1:631."
17 >
18 > Make sure that in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf you have a
19 >
20 > Listen 192.168.0.1:631
21 >
22 > line. Without it, IIRC, CUPS will listen on localhost:631.
23
24 Thank you, just what I needed. It's not mentioned in the Gentoo
25 printing doc for some reason, even though they cover remote
26 administration.
27
28 It's now working great via:
29