From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] So O.K.
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 15:23:07
1 On 2/4/06, Franta <sdoma@××××××××.cz> wrote:
2 >
3 > Due to the issues I hit (nearly) every time I do an upgrade.
4 >
5 > I did the upograde today too. There was one on udev. I think devices
6 > don't coming up (Sound, USB) could belong to this kind of problems.
7 >
8 > Well. nothing changes.
9 >
10 > I've tried it half an hour ago with (a very old) knoppix CD. I have USB
11 > disks, I have sound, I have networking ...
12 >
13 > That said (xcuse me, I <<HAVE TO>> say that) Gentoo is far away from a
14 > distro for usage.
15 >
16 > Do not reply to this post - I'll unsubscribe immediatlely after posting
17 > and I'll go to have a lok for another distro which won't force me to
18 > fdisk for a newly install. Maybe it'll be Slack.
19 >
20 > Have fun customizing and repairing your systems. I prefer to work with
21 > it.
22 >
23 > Frank
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
30 I hope you realize you don't *have* to sync with portage at all. You can
31 run a static install if you so choose. And if you prefer to upgrade the
32 traditional way, no one is stopping you from downloading your own
33 gzipped/tarred sources and compiling them.
36 - Mark Shields