From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package conflict while trying to emerge chromium
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:48:44
1 On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:05:16 +0000 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:36:45 +0200, Gevisz wrote:
4 >
5 > > > Has that line actually been inserted into package.use?
6 > > > Portage doesn't add it to the live file, you need to run
7 > > > cfg-update or similar to handle it.
8 > >
9 > > As I have said, it was inserted in the ._cfg0002_package.use file
10 > > as the recommendation to insert it to the package.use.
11 >
12 > Inserting it into ._cfg0002_package.use does nothing but cause portage to
13 > prompt you to run etc-update. Until you do that nothing has changed as
14 > portage will still tell you to add the USE change.
15
16 Thank you for your reply but my point was that two *default* USE flag setting
17 produce the package block.