From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: `sets' & sets.conf
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 00:44:13
1 [...]
2
3 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
4
5 > You can create a set containing a list of packages. I do this for
6 > dependencies of packages that are not from portage, so they don't get
7 > depcleaned and don't end up in @world. Something like
8
9 [...]
10 Thanks for the nifty examples... ... missing entirely in the pile of
11 documenation at /usr/share/doc/portage-2.3.2/html/index.html
12 (if you have USE=doc set)
13
14 > % cat /etc/portage/sets.conf
15 > [kernels]
16 > class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
17 > world-candidate = False
18 > files = /usr/src
19 >
20 > then emerge -n @kernels
21
22 This one kind of sails right over my head... not seeing what is
23 supposed to happen.
24
25 [...]
26
27 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
28
29 [...]
30
31 > Think of it as sort of like a magic meta-package that you define - a set
32 > gets merged as a unit and where you unmerge it, the sets is out of world
33 > and depclean will take care of removing the members.
34 >
35 > Simple as that. I'm not aware of anything in FEATURES related to sets,
36 > you just use them out the box.
37
38 Gack, I was following along OK until the part about `out of the box'
39
40 Do you mean those toxic looking definitions or other stuff in the docs
41 at /usr/share/doc/portage-2.3.2/html/index.html? ...