From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: sys-boot/gummiboot
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 23:15:10
1 Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Stroller
3 > <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 >>> On Tue, 24 May 2016, at 5:42 am, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> You are likely right. When I reply here, it looks one way. When I hit
7 >>> forward before, it seems to behave differently, although it makes no
8 >>> sense to me why it would do that.
9 >> The message you forwarded was in html rich-text.
10 >>
11 >> I presume that's because mgorny posted in rich-text.
12 > Nope, the original message sent to gentoo-dev was plain-text.
13 >
14 >> It depends on the mail client, but I think usually the setting to default to rich- or plain-text email is for new messages, when you click "compose"; when you click "reply" or "forward", typically mail clients maintain the setting of the original author.
15 > Sounds like Dale's mail client just does the wrong thing when forwarding.
19 Given how weird this thing is at times, I'm going to lean toward your
20 thoughts on this. ;-) I've had times where someone will send me a
21 email off list and inform me that this thing is sending html again. I
22 go in and delete the entries and then add the exact same thing back and
23 it works for a while, again. Sometimes I want to paint a target on it
24 and use it for target practice. lol
25
26 Dale
27