From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No progress indicator in bootsplash
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:04:41
1 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > * Nikos Chantziaras (realnc@×××××.de) [15.07.08 07:28]:
3 >
4 >> I've created an initrd with:
5 >>
6 >> splash_geninitramfs -g /boot/initrd.splash1280x1024 -r 1280x1024 gentoo
7 >>
8 > ^^^^^^
9 >
10 >> The splash shows up, but there's no animation in the progress indicator bar
11 >
12 > Does it indicate any progress? If you see a growing bar: works as
13 > designed.
14
15 There is no growing bar. That's not as designed ;) It's me doing
16 probably something wrong. The bar is there, but it stays empty (does
17 not fill up).
18
19 >> and no splash messages (like the live CD has).
20 > Works as designed.
21 >
22 >> (Fade-in and fade-out works though).
23 >>
24 >> Did I miss something?
27 > Yes, you want to actually try out the livecd splash-screen:
28 >
29 > # emerge media-gfx/splash-themes-livecd
30 >
31 > and then buikd a new initrd.
32
33 I've done that, same result. The progress bar stays empty. There is no
34 animation. No messages (like the percentage indicator and things like
35 "GPM started").
36
37 I've followed this guide: http://gentoo-wiki.com/Fbsplash
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list