From: Alexander Pilipovsky <alexander.pilipovsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost free space on /
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:50:33
1 But how many space on hard disk for it will be good?
2
3 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
4 > Am Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009 20:55:16 schrieb Paul Hartman:
7 >> I had a similar problem, 100% cpu usage caused by a daemon that did
8 >> not respond well when network connection was lost. My
9 >> /var/log/messages grew over 60GB in a few hours with the same message
10 >> repeated tens of millions of times.
13 > Well, that's the reason you should put /var on its own partition/logical
14 > volume.
15 >
16 > Bye...
17 >