From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome doesn't shutdown
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:01:57
1 At Fri, 23 Oct 2009 17:23:21 +0200 Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 > I noticed that Gnome doesn't shutdown anymore. When I press
5 > System/Shutdown and I confirm in the prompt, the desktop is cleared
6 > but the wallpaper is still visible and the machine doesn't shutdown.
7 >
8 > This behavior appeared after an update; I waited for another update,
9 > but the problem still persists. I wonder if I make an error during the
10 > update or it is a bug affecting the last releases of the desktop
11 > manager.
12 >
13 > I run the version of gnome 2.26.3
14
15 I recently had a problem where the evolution data server didn't die
16 I had to do evolution --force-shutdown
17
18 I don't have that problem now, but you could give it a try.
19
20 allan