From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Raid 1 problems
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:05:35
1 On Sunday 21 October 2007 22:03:23 Arnau Bria wrote:
2 > > Let me ask you one more thing. I have this device:
3 > >
4 > > md3 : active raid1 hdh6[1]
5 > >       98727360 blocks [2/1] [_U]
6 > >
7 > > And I'd like to add hdf6, and then sync but against it (I mean, make
8 > > hdf6 "primary" and copy its data to hdh6).
9 >
10 > I'd removed the array and created again with second drive missing.
11 > now I have:
12 > md3 : active raid1 hdf6[0]
13 >       98727360 blocks [2/1] [U_]
14 >
15 > and will sync.
16
17 Yeah, that'd work, or you could have created it with both devices, but
18 specifing hdf6 *first*:
19 mdadm -C /dev/md3 -n2 -l1 /dev/hd[fh]6
20
21 As for md1, I'm not sure what to make of that.
22 I'd be a little wary of it, once the array is created/started the superblock
23 must be written, so I'm worried about why the kernel thought it wasn't there.
24 Probably nothing though, I've had partitions kicked out of arrays before,
25 even though they go back in fine.
28 Mike Williams
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list